Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I had a audience with the pope today.

...or more precisely 50,000 or so of my most devout friends and I shared some piazza time with the pope. He appeared on the big screen on the left (you can only see him if you truly have faith) and there was a tiny speck of papacy on the stage in the distance. He addressed us in Italian but I had trouble understanding him - I think it was the German accent. The downside was that the dome was closed for the occasion so I wasn't able to climb the stairs to the top. By the way, I found my way there on public transportation by asking a nun for directions - she gave me the directions in Italian and then followed up with some courteous Italian expression. I looked it up later and I think it loosely translates to "may you find forgiveness". What did she mean by that? I was just trying to find the right bus!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mark, she probably thought you were going to the Vatican to seek God, and his Holy emissary, The Pope, who would provide the conduit for your prayers to the Almighty. Go in peace and sin no more...
    Catholicly yours,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete